This communication is further to the Board’s recent July 2012 newsletter in which the Board advised that it would inform practitioners and stakeholders once the Ministry of Health had commenced its review of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 (HPCAA).
The scope of the review will cover:
- how the HPCAA supports the delivery of the workforce required both now and for the future
- how the pastoral care of the health and welfare of health professionals to support the sustainability of the workforce can be improved
- how a robust data collection system to inform sector intelligence and planning can be developed
- how the HPCAA can work effectively within the wider health environment and whether the purpose of the HPCAA remains fit for purpose
- how the health occupational regulatory settings can be improved
- how the HPCAA can provide optimal levels and types of regulation for the next 5 to 10 years
- how the operational function of the HPCAA can be improved.
The public discussion document and information on how to make a submission is now available on the Ministry of Health’s website. Click here for a link to the Ministry’s website.
Submissions close 26 October 2012.
Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Board
Ph: 04 474 0705
Fax: 04 474 0709