Date: Thu 01/11/2018 - Sat 31/10/2020
Optometrist Credits: 2 Cultural Credits
Dispensing Optician Credits: 2 Cultural Credits
Event Type(s): Online, Training
Number: 09 440 6926
This course is recommended to those who have fundamental mental health knowledge. Before proceeding to enrol please ensure you have completed the CALD 1 Culture & Cultural Competency face to face or online course.
Participants completing this course will:
– Become aware of the importance of a culturally oriented approach and of being culturally competent.
– Have a better understanding of the issues surrounding mental health practice with CALD children, adolescents and their families.
– Gain skills to develop rapport with CALD families.
– Gain skills in cross-cultural clinical assessment and screening.
– Develop skills in intervening with CALD families.
On completing this course you will develop skills to engage with CALD children, adolescents and families; will have better knowledge of intergenerational and CALD sensitive issues and the impact these have on screening, diagnosis and treatment outcome and gain tools and skills for cross-cultural engagement, assessment, intervention and treatment.