Date: Thu 01/11/2018 - Sat 31/10/2020
Optometrist Credits: 2 Cultural Credits
Dispensing Optician Credits: 2 Cultural Credits
Event Type(s): Online, Training
Number: 09 440 6926
Before proceeding to enrol into this course:
Please ensure you have completed the CALD 1 Culture and Cultural Competency face to face or online course.
You also need to familiarise yourself with the Pre Course Reading information (by clicking on the link). This course will not repeat or explain in detail the information in the pre-course reading however some of the materials will be referred to in the course.
This course is recommended to those who have fundamental mental health knowledge.
Participants completing this course will be able to:
– Become aware of the importance of a culturally oriented approach and cultural competence.
– Have a better understanding of the issues surrounding mental health practice with CALD clients.
– Gain skills to develop rapport with CALD clients.
– Gain skills in cross-cultural clinical assessment and screening.
– Develop skills in collaborative treatment planning with CALD clients.
On completing this course you will be able to develop skills to engage with CALD clients and their families; will have better understanding of the challenges of cross-cultural assessment and sensitive issues that impact on mental health engagement, screening, diagnosis and treatment outcome. You will have developed new skills for cross-cultural engagement, assessment, intervention and treatment.