Date: Mon 01/10/2018 - Sat 31/10/2020
Provider: Luxottica Institute of Learning
Optometrist Credits: 1 Clinical Diagnostic Credit
Event Type(s): Online
Number: 09 929 3274
This module explores diabetes mellitus and diabetic retinopathy both in the context of the global community and current situation in Australia. A review of diabetes and diabetic retinopathy is covered. Diagnosis, management and treatment of diabetic retinopathy are examined from an evidence-based perspective to understand the best practices.
At the completion of this module you will:
- Understand the epidemiology of diabetes mellitus and diabetic retinopathy, including magnitude and risk factors
- Refresh your knowledge of ocular complications of diabetes mellitus
- Understand the clinical presentation of diabetic retinopathy and most current classifications of diabetic retinopathy
- Appreciate the advantages of new imaging technology in detecting and monitoring diabetic retinopathy
- Understand the evidence for management and treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- Understand the current diabetic eye disease screening programs globally and in Australia
- Understand the role of optometry in diabetic eye care
- Understand the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to care in diabetes mellitus
You will be required to complete a multiple choice exam at the end of the module based on evaluating scans from a number of clinical cases. Your responses will be automatically marked by the E-Learning system and a mark instantly returned.