Date: Fri 25/06/2021 - Sun 25/06/2023
Provider: Luxottica Institute of Learning
Optometrist Credits: 0.75 General
Event Type(s): Online
Name: Nikki Byrne
Number: 02 8336 8616
- Describe what Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) means, as well the concepts around generating a FAF image.
- Establish the normal appearance of an FAF image in the clinical setting.
- Understand mechanisms of hyper and hypo-autoflourescence in the retinal and recognise the clinical significance of hyper and hypo autoflourescence.
- Examine the evidence for FAF imaging in diagnosing AMD and monitoring progression.
- Examine how FAF plays a role in diagnosing and monitoring certain retinal conditions such as retinal tumours, plaquenil retinopathy, central serous chorioretinopathy and hereditary dystrophies.
- Consolidate their knowledge on FAF and appreciate the clinical relevance of FAF in the modern clinic setting.