Date: Wed 10/02/2021 - Fri 10/02/2023
Optometrist Credits: 0.50 Clinical Diagnostic Credits
Event Type(s): Online
Number: 09 929 3273
Giant cell arteritis is a rare disease with sight-threatening consequences unless detected and treated quickly and aggressively.
At the completion of this CPD Activity, participants should be able to:
1. Recognise which patients are the greatest risk of giant cell arteritis,
2. Be able to describe the ophthalmic clinical features of giant cell arteritis,
3. Understand which tests are used for diagnosis giant cell arteritis including temporal artery biopsy,
4. Recognise the urgency with which steroid treatment needs to be initiated in suspected cases of giant cell arteritis, and
5. Have an understanding of some new treatment options available for giant cell arteritis.