Date: Thu 01/11/2018 - Sat 31/10/2020
Provider: Luxottica Institute of Learning
Optometrist Credits: 1 Clinical Diagnostic Credit + 1 Glaucoma Event Credit
Event Type(s): Online
Number: 09 929 3274
In glaucoma detection and management, it is important to recognise forms other than primary open angle glaucoma(POAG). These would include angle closure glaucoma and various common and not-so-common secondary glaucomas. These conditions may afflict patients differing from the POAG demographic, such as younger patients, and may have a greater risk for visual disability.
- Classes currently recognised for primary angle closure
- Epidemiology of angle closure glaucoma and societal burden of the disease
- Clinical characteristics of angle closure glaucoma and the therapeutic intervention for various types of the disease
- Clinical features and management of patients with exfoliative glaucoma
- Clinical features and management of patients with pigmentary glaucoma
- Clinical features and management of patients with neovascular and uveitic glaucoma.