Date: Thu 13/02/2020 - Sun 13/02/2022
Provider: The Privacy Commissioner
Optometrist Credits: 0.50 Ethical Credits
Dispensing Optician Credits: 0.50 Ethical Credits
Event Type(s): Online
Number: 0800 803 909
Get a free 30 minute introduction to protecting health information under the Health Information Privacy Code.
This course aims to give you an overview of the Health Information Privacy Code, including the main concepts covered by the Code and how the Code applies in practice.
The units in this course focus on:
- When and how agencies can collect health information.
- How agencies need to store and handle the personal information they have collected.
- Agencies' obligations to change incorrect information and check information for accuracy.
- What to consider when working with children or when patients and their families want to record staff.
- How to deal with a data breach.