Date: Sat 01/06/2019 - Sat 31/10/2020
Provider: Luxottica Institute of Learning
Optometrist Credits: 0.25 General
Event Type(s): Online
Name: Nikki Byrne
Number: 09 929 3274
This module introduces the optometrist to Icare tonometry and particularly the Icare ic100 tonometer. In this module, you will explore:
- Features of the Icare ic100 tonometer.
- Mechanism on how the tonometer operates.
- Proper use and care of the tonometer.
- Comparisons between the gold standard in tonometers versus Icare tonometry.
At the end of this module you will:
- Be able take IOP measurements of patients with proper instruction.
- Recognise the role of the Icare ic100 tonometer as a screening tool.
- Understand how the Icare ic100 tonometer compares with current gold standard tonometers.
- Be aware of errors encountered and how to troubleshoot.