Date: Fri 06/03/2020 - Wed 13/05/2020
Provider: Diversity Works
Optometrist Credits: 3 Cultural Credits
Dispensing Optician Credits: 3 Cultural Credits
Event Type(s): Conference, Seminar, Training
Number: 0800 DIVERSITY
Cultural intelligence is a key competency in being able to connect with diverse markets and create an inclusive workplace.
New Zealand’s population is made up of more than 200 ethnic groups and it’s imperative that businesses have initiatives in place to harness the opportunities and manage the challenges of a culturally diverse workforce.
In this half-day workshop, you will:
• Get an overview of New Zealand’s current ethnic and cultural diversity
• Understand culture and cultural integration in the context of the workplace
• Find out about the risks of cultural dissonance in the workplace
• Understand the four components of cultural intelligence: Cultural drivers, knowledge, strategies and action
• Develop tools and strategies to help you reflect on your own biases, judgements and thought processes
• Use cultural maps to learn new or different ways of connecting with others from different cultures
TWO DATES AND LOCATIONS FOR THIS COURSE AS BELOW:
6th of March 2020 Christchurch: Meridian, Awly Building, Level 2, 287 Durham Street, Central City, Christchurch
12th of May 2020 Hamilton: Location to be confirmed.