Date: Mon 08/06/2020 - Wed 08/06/2022
Optometrist Credits: 0.50 General Credits
Event Type(s): Online
Number: 09 929 3273
Patients’ increasing visual demands, coupled with the multiple intraocular lenses now available, are making it increasingly challenging to choose the right lens to implant during cataract surgery. Optometrists and ophthalmologists who clearly communicate the IOL options available with their patients will help ensure successful outcomes.
– Realise the multifocal IOL options available, their different design features and complexities,
– Understand classification of an EDOF lens compared to a monofocal lens,
– Understand the relationship between spherical aberration, contrast sensitivity and depth of focus,
– Know how to accurately refract patients with multifocal IOLs, and
– Understand contraindications for multifocal IOLs.