Date: Sat 19/06/2021 - Sat 19/06/2021
Provider: Rodney Stedall
Optometrist Credits: 3.50 General credits
Dispensing Optician Credits: 3.50 Clinical credits
Event Type(s): Seminar
- Incorporating Low Vision into your Low vision practice. Appointment time scheduling, Case history and needs assessment, testing regimen and low vision aid determination and dispensing training.
- Macular scotoma assessment as a tool to establish Preferred Retinal Locus and optimum low vision aids and training. Includes case studies.
- Understanding optical magnifiers for near tasks.
- Telescopes and distance optical magnification solutions. Includes case studies.
- Homonymous hemianopias. Anatomy of defects. Current trends in field expansion prisms for aided mobility. Discussion of online modules available for improving scanning skills in Homonymous hemianopia visual field loss. Includes case studies.
- Advanced Bioptic telescopes for driving. Current world trends, New Zealand case studies includes frame selection, dispensing adjustments, measurements and ordering from suppliers. Training of patients in focussing, fixations, saccadics and following. Includes case studies.
- Modern day smartphone and notebook applications for blind and partially sighted.