Date: Mon 19/10/2020 - Sat 22/10/2022
Provider: Brien Holden Vision Institute
Optometrist Credits: 3.17 General Credits
Event Type(s): Online
Number: +612 93857502
Managing myopia is a new field to most eye care practitioners. Whilst there are many avenues by which practitioners may gain the clinical skills necessary to manage myopia progression, including our first 2 courses, practitioners also need education around how to successfully integrate the practice into their business.
Course 3 delivers the business knowledge and skills to successfully integrate myopia management into practice. Building on the foundation of practical skills delivered through courses 1 and 2, the Business of Myopia enables eye care professionals to successfully grow their business through myopia management. The course presents the business case for myopia management and provides guidance in areas such as business procedures and processes, marketing, communications and education, to drive awareness and reverse the trend and help ensure business success.
On the successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
• Explain the potential business benefits of introducing myopia management.
• Identify the services, products, staff training and pricing systems required to run a successful myopia management business.
• Create a marketing strategy to grow your myopia management business.
• Use appropriate patient messaging and materials for myopia management communication and education.
• Monitor and improve your myopia management practice using appropriate resources.