Date: Fri 14/02/2020 - Mon 14/02/2022
Provider: Privacy Commissioner
Optometrist Credits: 0.50 Ethical Credits
Dispensing Optician Credits: 0.50 Ethical Credits
Event Type(s): Online, Training, Workshop
This course aims to give you an overview of the Privacy Act, including the main concepts covered by the Act and how the Act is applied in practice.
The units in this course focus on:
- When and how agencies can collect personal information.
- How agencies need to store and handle the personal information they have collected.
- Agencies' obligations to change incorrect information and check information for accuracy.
- How agencies can use the personal information they have collected.
- The scope of the Privacy Act and how personal information is defined under the Act.