Date: Thu 01/11/2018 - Sat 31/10/2020
Provider: University of Melbourne
Optometrist Credits: 40 General
Event Type(s): Training
Number: +61 3 9035 5511
Specialist Certificate in the Management of Low Vision Patients offered by the Department of Optometry & Vision Sciences in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.
Topics covered within this course include:
- The epidemiology and geographic distribution of blindness
- The roles and methods within the rehabilitative team for the support and rehabilitation of the visually disabled
- The procedures for comprehensive assessment of rehabilitation of the visually disabled
- The procedures for comprehensive assessment of visual disability and the management of patients with partial sight
- The principles and performance of optical, non-optical and technological aids for the enhancement of low vision.
Emphasis is on clinical set-up, application and support of patients with low vision.